Sesame and honey tofu kebabs
Preparation : 20 minutes
Servings : 4 portions
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) soya sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) toasted sesame oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek
- 350g firm tofu, cut into 24 approximately 2.5 cm (1-inch) cubes
- 24 white mushrooms
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 green zucchini, cut into half-rounds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 small wooden skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Add tofu, mushrooms, bell peppers and zucchini. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- Thread the tofu with the vegetables onto the skewers. Season with cilantro. Place the skewers on the grill and cook, turning often, for about 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the marinade to a boil and serve as a sauce.